The Catholic University of America Press
- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
A Primer of Ecclesiastical Latin
By John F. Collins.
The chief aim of this primer is to give the student, within one year of study, the ability to read ecclesiastical Latin. Collins includes the Latin of Jerome’s Bible, of canon law, of the liturgy and papal bulls, of scholastic philosophers, and of the Ambrosian hymns, providing a survey of texts from the fourth century through the Middle Ages.
An “Answer Key” to this edition is also available. Please see An Answer Key to A Primer of Ecclesiastical Latin, prepared by John Dunlap.
1. Latin language, Church Latin, Grammar
2. Liturgical language, Latin
3. Latin language, Medieval and modern, Grammar
4. Latin language, Postclassical, Grammar
5. Bible, Language, style
6. Catholic Church, Liturgy